Boris Johnson says he has never felt better. He says he is as “fit as a butcher’s dog” thanks to his workout regimen after he recovered from Covid-19.
The PM, 56, jogs at 6.30 am every day with his dog Dilyn and does press-ups. BoJo says he even gets up at night to change nappies.
Boris Johnson and his fiancée Carrie Symonds have a baby son. He was born on April 29th, 2020. The couple named him Wilfred Lawrie Nicholas Johnson. He is the Prime Minister’s sixth child and his third son.
- butcher [‘buʧə] мясник
- to fall ill – заболеть to fall (fell – fallen) – падать
- to feel (felt – felt) – чувствовать – to feel well; to feel better
- fiancée [fɪ’ɑːnseɪ] – невеста
- (as) fit as a butcher’s dog – здоров как собака мясника => здоров как бык
- to jog [ʤɔg] – бежать/бегать трусцой
- nappy [‘næpɪ] брит. пелёнка; подгузник; амер. diaper; to change nappies / diapers
- to recover [rɪ’kʌvə]- выздоравливать
- regimen [‘reʤɪmən] – режим, образ жизни (включая физическую зарядку)
- workout [‘wɜːkaut] – спорт. тренировка