Colonel Travis called his 187 men.
He said sadly, “General Santa Anna is coming to attack us. He has about 4,000 soldiers and lots of ammunition. We have only 187 men and little ammunition. We have little food and water. Remember, there are women and children in the fort.”
Then he marked a line on the ground with his sword.
“Those who want to fight for the independence of Texas, cross this line! The others can leave the fort and go home.”
There was a very long silence.
Davy thought about his wife and his five children.
Then he thought about the independence of Texas and the American settlers.
He thought about a new American state: Texas!
FILL IN THE BLANKS
his 187 men.He said
“General Santa Anna is coming us.He has about 4,000 soldiers and We have only 187 men and We have Remember, there are
in the fort.”Then he on the ground with his
“Those who want for the independence of Texas, this line!
The can the fort and .
There was a very long Davy about his wife and his five children. Then he about a new American state: Texas!
ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS:
(1) How many men did Travis call?
(2) Did he speak sadly?
(3) Did Santa Anna have lots of ammunition?
(4) How many soldiers did Santa Anna have?
(5) How many men were there at fort?
(6) Did they have much or little ammunition at the fort?
(7) Did they have much or little food and water at the fort?
(8) Were there women and children in the fort?
(9) What did he mark on the ground?
(10) What did he mark the line with?
(11) Did he ask everybody to cross the line?
(12) Was there a long silence?
(13) Did Davy think about his wife and children?
(14) Did he think about a new American state: Texas?
about [ə’baut] примерно: He has about 4,000 soldiers. У него примерно 4 000 солдат.
ammunition [ˌæmjə’nɪʃ(ə)n] боеприпасы, снаряды, патроны
call [kɔːl] v. позвать, созывать; кричать
cross [krɔs]v. пересекать, переходить за
line [laɪn] линия, черта
lots [lɔts] lots of / a lot of много, большое количество
other [‘ʌðə] другой
others [‘ʌðəz] остальные
sadly [‘sædlɪ] грустно, печально
sword [sɔːd] шпага, рапира, меч
think [θɪŋk] (thought – thought [θɔːt]) v. думать, размышлять
Оставьте первый комментарий